I turned 31 years old today. Normally I’m super excited about my birthday, really it should be a national holiday with banks, schools and post offices closed but I’ve yet to convince anyone else of that. Anyway, this year my family has all been sick for weeks and along with a lot of other things going on in life I just wasn’t as excited about it. Maybe it was also because last year was such a big year, it’s not that I didn’t want my birthday to come…it was just that I was sort of indifferent. A few times I brought it up with people and tried to make a big deal of it like I usually do just because I felt I should because that is what I always so! Anyway, I ended up having a perfectly lovely day and I’m left with a feeling of contentment and satisfaction. I would like to high light 31 things now that made my day special.
1. My husband
2. My daughter, who may have been more excited about my day than I was
3. It snowed one of the most beautiful snows I’ve seen in a long time
4. Chai Lattes bought for me and drunk with me by a friend
5. Getting to go to my young mother’s bible study
6. Warm fuzzy socks that felt amazing after I left the house without socks because I didn’t know it was going to snow (Did you catch that Mom?)
7. My daughter and I blowing raspberries on each other for so long this afternoon I got light headed
8. Having lunch with a wonderful bunch of friends
9. Have 5 little 2 year olds color me pictures for my birthday
10. Receiving a candy bar from California from a friend who got 15 of them in the mail
11. Chai Cheesecake
12. My husband baked me a birthday cake
13. Over 100 messages from people on Facebook
14. The handy little keyboard I got for my iPad that I am currently typing on
15. Knitting in my favorite coffee shop
16. Amazing peanut butter cookies
17. Gorgeous hand cut birthday card with knitting needles on
18. So many beautiful comments and sentiments from so many friends and family
19. My husband stayed with Ella during nap so I could have some Me time
20. Cheese danish for breakfast
21. Starbucks gift cards are such a great gift!
22. 5 little 2 year olds who kept saying Happy Birthday and hugging me
23. A friend who is willing to babysit so Mike and I can go out to dinner
24. Birthday cards with fuzzy feather boas on them
25. Reading in my favorite coffee shop
26. Phone calls from far away friends
27. Texts messages from lots of friends
28. Free movie rental from Red Box
29. Free drink from Starbucks
30. Two parents who brought me into this world 31 years ago and still don’t regret it, plus 2 step parents and in-laws who love me like their own
31. My health and freedom and so many more blessings than so many in this world have.
To all who contributed to my day, thank you…it is one I will always remember!